We are the Multi Age Childcare Association of BC!
Our association was established in May 2018 as a non profit organization in BC. Our membership includes Multi-Age Childcare and Family Child Care operators from across BC, professionals working in the field of early childhood education & child care and parents.
Our objectives include:
- To cooperate with agencies involved in the delivery of education, support, resources, referrals, and information related to all quality child care options and programs; and
- to raise the profile of multi age child care in the province of British Columbia;
- to advocate inclusion of Licensee’s own children in the program and receive Child Care Operating Funding (CCOF) and Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative (CCFRI);
- to encourage other agencies and organizations to support the efforts and programs of the Association;
- to liaise with government, parents and other child care organizations;
- to encourage the development of educational resources for present and prospective early childhood educators;
- to advocate and educate on behalf of children, families and their communities by providing resources and materials which will promote quality ECE led child care;
- to assist in the development of training materials and the accessibility of training opportunities for all quality ECE providers in British Columbia and on a national perspective; and
- to provide a means of contact for every multi age child care provider in British Columbia in order to alleviate the feelings of isolation and encourage professionalism.
- To promote cooperation between the MACCABC and the government in providing quality care for children.
- To assist parent/guardian(s) in accessing supports as needed and to advocate on behalf of parent/guardian(s) and children in our care.
- To enter into funding agreements, collaborations, partnerships, and contracts to support the purpose of the society.
The Constitution and Bylaws of the society can be found here.
Our 2018-19 Board of Directors
Tracie Bourgeois, ECE
Tracie is an ECE who has worked in group non-profit child care, and overseas. When her daughter was born, she was unable to find licensed child care for her. She ultimately, left her job as the Executive Director of a large group non-profit child care program and opened one of the first multi-age child care programs in BC. It has been in operation for 10 years.
Photo and bio coming.
Angela comes from North-East BC & has over 20 years experience in working with children through unlicensed child minding since she was old enough to watch her young siblings and neighbour’s children in a rural community Wonowon. After settling in the Lower Mainland with her adult daughter, grandson and her own two younger children, she opened an LNR in 2013 in Surrey. In 2015 she started her education to obtain her ECE diploma via distance education. In 2016, listening to her heart and focusing on her passion in making a difference in the lives of our collective future, our children she opened a licence family child care centre in Coquitlam, BC as an ECEA and continues to work on her education.
Teresa is a proud mother of 3, an Early Childhood Educator and a member with Langley DPAC for over 4 years. She is also a part time music teacher and her passion lies with music education available to every child within the Langley School District.